Dentistry is the field of art, science and medicine and that’s why every dentist is not less than an artist too. There are so many talented dentists in this field who are setting examples for young budding dentists to pursue career in dentistry. Some are working beyond dentistry following their dreams, passion and hobbies. On this International women’s Day we Dentalreach team wish our all women readers a Happy women’s Day.
Here we bring you India’s 10 women dental trailblazers.
Heena Sidhu is an Indian shooter.
On 7th April 2014, Sidhu became the first Indian pistol shooter to reach number one in world rankings by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- On 28 August 2014, she was conferred the Arjuna Award.
- Won a silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Beijing in 2009.
- Won first place in the women's 10 m air pistol event at the national championship in Kerala.
- Won a silver medal in the Women's 10 m air pistol team event at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China along with Annu Raj Singh and Sonia Raj.
- With Annu Raj Singh scoring 375 points and Sidhu scoring 384 points, Sidhu and Singh won a gold medal in the women's pairs 10 meters air pistol at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. In the singles event, Sidhu won a silver medal.
- She was a member of the Indian team to the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- In 2013, she won the gold medal at the ISSF World Cup Finals in Munich, Germany.
- In the 2014 Indian National Shooting trials, she won by 0.1 point in the women’s air pistol event.
- In 2016, Sidhu qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in the women's 10 meters air pistol and the women's 25 meters pistol events.
- In 2017, she won gold medal in women's 10 meters air pistol event at the Commonwealth shooting championships in Brisbane.
- At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Sidhu won a silver medal in the women’s 10 meters air pistol event, and a gold medal in the women’s 25 meters air pistol event. She broke the Commonwealth Games record of 38 in winning the gold medal.
Modelling and acting
Elakshi Gupta is an Indian actress and model who predominantly works in Hindi and Marathi film industries. She made her big-screen debut in 2017 Hindi movie Qaidi Band (2017). However, she rose to fame after appearing in Ajay Devgn’s 100th film, ‘Tanhaji-The Unsung Warrior’. She has switched her career from dentistry to modelling and then acting. Born 22 December, Elakshi Gupta hails from Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Elakshi Gupta is a film and television actress who mainly appears in Hindi and Marathi film industries.
She has won Mrs.India Globe 2015 and 3rd runner up for Mrs.Globe 2015 held at Shenzen, China.
She got fame after her appearance in Tanhaji where Elakshi portrayed Shivaji Maharaj’s wife, Soyarabai in the film.
She has campaigned for many brands such as Pcj jewellers, Brand Factory, Club Mahindra, Bajaj Allianz, Starbucks, Merceds Benz, Tata Tiago, TBZ Jewelers.
She has appeared in the video album “Keh Do Na” sung by Mohit Gaur (ZEE Music), “Mann Ki Dor” sung by Ash King.
Sports Bike racer
She is an international level athlete in a sport bike racing in a male dominated field.
She is India's Fastest Lady Super biker on Buddh International racing circuit.
Dr. Neharika Yadav, dentist by profession and became the fastest women on bike.
She has already completed 2000 kilometers at the Buddh International Circuit.
She was the only Lady racer at the Jk tyre Superbike Championship 2015 amongst all men.
Ever a sincere pursuer of the difficult in life, Neharika’s dream is to see Motorsports, in particularly super biking enjoy a broader participation from women in India.
Dr. Dimple Mehta is a private dental practitioner from Ghatkopar Mumbai and a professional power lifter. Encouraged by her trainer at gym, she enrolled herself for the weightlifting competitions. Today, the shelf in her bedroom lacks space to fit the awards she’s won.
She has won Gold at the State level Power Lifting championships in June 2016.
She has won the All India National Level Power lifting championship in August 2016 at Raipur, Chattisgarh lifting about 215 kgs, bagged gold in the Western Zone National Power Lifting Championship in December 2016.
Bogybuilding and fitness
Dr Karishma Parker is a private dental practitioner from Margo, Goa. A mother of one and a dentist by profession, Karishma is passionate about bodybuilding and has trained with many reputed physique models.
She is a professional bikini bodybuilder as well.
- She won silver medal at the 13th Women’s Fitness and Physique championship in Pune.
- She won gold medal at sheru Classic 2019
- Gold medal in Boss classic 2019
- Gold medal in Shawn ray NPC classic
- She is having more than 45.6 k followers on instagram with ThemuscledDentist profile page.
Business and E commerce
Founder and CEO of The Pehnava, and E commerce portal for women ethnic wear.
She is graduated in dentistry and following her dreams and ambitions to grow The Pehnava one of the most trusted buying options for women in the country.
Today the Pehnava team sells the most versatile collection of ethnic sarees in beautiful fabric and embellishments. Their collections of georgette sarees are suited for parties.
One can even purchase salwar kamiz, Lehengas, sarees, kurtis, or Gowns with an option of customised tailoring as well.
She is a co founder of the Global Women Network, an initiative” by women for women” to help women entrepreneurs and professionals to be rise.
She is a Co-Founder of Global Women Foundation, a nonprofit organisation to help the weaker sections of the society.
She is a Co-Creator “Tipping Point 1.0” as well.
Global women network aspires to be the world’s largest women network with the aim to positively impact in each and every woman’s life!
Global women network exists to provide a platform to all women to come together. There are women on one hand who can help/mentor and there are women who seek help/mentor. This help or mentoring can be across different domains like personal, emotional, professional, business, entrepreneurship etc.
She is a dentist by profession, an elegant Argentine tango and salsa dancer, an aspiring model, a passionate shutterbug, an artist at the core, an eternal optimist and an epitome of elegance is what defines her in a nutshell.
In 2016, she was crowned as “Pune Times Miss Most Popular Style Icon”, she was the 2nd runner up of “Miss Pehenawa 2017”.
She was crowned as “Pune Fashion Fiesta Mega Model 2017”
She received the “Golden Brush Award,” “The International Master Of Art Ghafar Bahari Award,” “The International Visual Artists Award” and many more for her breathtaking artwork.
Akshata Prabhu Puranik
Dr Akshata Prabhu Puranik is a pedodontist and Associate Professor at the Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry at D Y Patil Dental College Navi Mumbai.
Dr. Akshata Prabhu Puranik was crowned as the first runner up of the MRS. INDIA WORLD Pageant that was held on 05th June, 2019 at Mumbai.
MRS. INDIA INC is one of the most credible beauty pageant for married women. Dr. Akshata was amongst the 51 women who qualified for the finals and later on went to grab the title of the first runner up.
Modelling and acting
Dr Lilly singh is a practicing dentist from New Delhi and a freelance fashion model and an actor.
She was recently seen in Birla TMT steel advertisement.