Editorial for Volume 5 Issue 12
DentalReach Digital Conference & Awards (DRDCA) is an online dental event that first took place in December 2020 under the mentorship of the DentalReach team. In addition to educational sessions, the conference also features a trade show and awards to recognize talents in the field of dentistry.
- Academic Partner: Indian Society of Sports and Exercise Medicine (ISSEM)
- Sponsor Partner: Group Pharmaceuticals
This year, the theme for DRDCA 22 was Sports Dentistry. It was expected that at the end of the conference, every delegate can try to become a Sports Dentist and cater to a special class of patients – sportspersons – which includes athletes, young children & adolescents participating in sports – and sportsmen and women playing and winning in sports like cricket, hockey, tennis, wrestling, boxing, cycling, football, basketball!
- On Day 1, we had Keynote sessions followed by the Inauguration of the event. In the evening, we had a grand 2 hour Masterclass.
- On Day 2, we continued the Keynote sessions followed by the Award distribution. In the evening, we had a multi-disciplinary Symposium, concluded with a panel discussion.
To know more about the Keynote sessions, Masterclass and Symposium, read the Scientific Report.
The Grand Inauguration!
The e-inauguration of DRDCA 22: Sports Dentistry Edition took place on 12th November, 1230 pm-1pm IST and was hosted by Dr Pallavi Mahajan.
- The inauguration ceremony began with an overview of DRDCA – Past, present, and future by the Organizing Chairperson and community leader at DentalReach, Dr.Rockson Samuel in the form of an amusing video.
- It was followed by the Address by our Chief Guest, the very humble Dr.Ranganath Venugopal who is the respected president of Karnataka State Dental Council (KSDC).
- The Organizing Secretary of DRDCA 22-Sports Edition, the dynamic Dr.Nupur Shrirao, Chief Editor of DentalReach, gave an overview of the entire Conference Schedule.
- The Scientific Chairperson for the event, Dr.Sneha Divekar, Faculty of the Diploma in Sports Dentistry program at the Institute of Sports Science and Technology (ISST) Pune, gave an overview of the theme of the conference i.e sports dentistry, and explained its importance at present.
- We were fortunate enough also to have with us, Dr.Gagan Kumar Banodhe, MBBS, MD, DS Treasurer of the Indian Society of Sports and Exercise Medicine (ISSEM) as our Guest of Honor. ISSEM was our Academic Partner for the entire event.
- The overview of Awards was given by Dr. Zainab Rangwala, Media and Promotions Chairperson for DRDCA 22-Sports Edition. She is also the Head of Media and PR for DentalReach.
- Our second Guest of Honor was the extremely supportive Mr Laxmikant Sugandhi, Associate Vice President, Dental Division, Group Pharmacueticals Ltd, our prime sponsor of the event.
- Dr.Rahil Syed, the Academic and Sponsor Chairperson of DRDCA, who serves as a sub-editor at DentalReach, gave an overview of Academic and Brand Partnerships.
- The inauguration ended with a special vote of thanks by Dr. Akshay Shetty who was the Registration Chairperson for the event.
DentalReach Annual Awards
The DentalReach Annual Awards were presented to:
- the Brand Ambassadors of DentalReach for their outstanding contributions throughout the year and
- the Delegates of DRDCA 2022 for their active participation throughout the event.
The awards were announced by Ms Vaidehi Vaidya, CEO of Women in Sports, India (WISI) group.
DR Brand Ambassador awards: We are proud of our Brand Ambassadors! The awardees were recognized for their dedication and hard work in promoting and organizing various events in DentalReach, conducted for the continuous upgradation of knowledge of dentists across the globe.
The awardees were chosen on the basis of their commitment and willingness to go above and beyond in their work in the following categories:
- Most Innovative DR Brand Ambassador : Dr.Nishit Shah
- Most Enthusiastic DR Brand Ambassador: Dr.Deepa Ravichandran
- Most Article Contributions by a DR Brand Ambassador: Dr.Ketaki Kalele
- Most Social Media Engagement by a DR Brand Ambassador: Dr.Rythm Batra
- Most Supportive DR Brand Ambassadors:
- Dr.Shelly Prashar
- Dr.Mohini Daultani
- Dr.Sonal Yerpude
All these winners received certificates and exclusive prizes from DentalReach and Group Pharmaceuticals.
We look forward to the expansion of our team for the betterment of the dental fraternity and hence we are now ‘open to entries’ for DentalReach Brand Ambassadors. All the details for the DentalReach Brand Ambassador program can be found here: https://dentalreach.today/brand-ambassador/
DRDCA 22 Delegate Awards: Special Awards were given to DRDCA 22 delegates for their active participation throughout the event. The leadership board's points and attendance were taken into consideration while choosing the winners. The winners of this challenge were:
These awardees won amazing discounts (15%, 10%, and 5%) on the Diploma Course on Sports Dentistry by the Institute of Sports Science and Technology (ISST, Pune, India)
Audience Feedback Report
Delegates loved DRDCA 2022! Numbers talk more than words, here’s presenting some statistics of the conference:
How did you hear about the DRDCA22: Sports Dentistry Edition?
Which DRDCA22: Sports Dentistry Edition scientific session did you enjoy the most?
Which Speaker did you like listening to the most?
The DRDCA 22 scientific sessions overall?
The DRDCA 22 Masterclass?
The DRDCA 22 Symposium?
The helpfulness & efforts of Team DRDCA 22?
Your likeliness to recommend DRDCA 22/ DentalReach to others?
Your likeliness to attend DRDDS 2023/other future DentaReach events?
Speakers As Guest Contributors to DRDCA 22 Speaker Special Issue
Our November & December magazine issues were DRDCA 22 speaker special issues, where speakers spared their precious time to pen down articles. Here are the highlights of these 2 issues:
Pre-conference release: https://dentalreach.today/drdca-is-back-drdca-22-sports-dentistry-edition/
Next DR Event – AEEDC 2023
The UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition (AEEDC) Dubai is the pioneering and largest dental event in the Middle East and North Africa region. Every year, since 27 years, AEEDC Dubai provides the best platform for dental professionals and industry experts from the MENA region and other parts of the world to update knowledge, network, interact and generate business partnerships.We published a post show report of AEEDC 2022 here.
This year, DentalReach is the official media partner for AEEDC 2023, Dubai.
We have added this world’s largest conference to the DentalReach events page. Read more details about the event in our special press release here!
Date: 7th-9th February 2023
Venue: Dubai World Trade Centre
Address: Dubai World Trade Centre, Sheikh Zayed Rd – Trade Centre – Trade Centre 2 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Registration link: https://aeedc.com/register-now/
(Important Note: NO ON-SITE Registration. Please register online above before coming to AEEDC Dubai Halls. here is no requirement to be vaccinated to enter the venue. You must register online in advance and have your badge ready on the AEEDC Dubai Mobile App. This allows a seamless, queue-less and touch-free entrance into the event.)
You can meet DentalReach in person at the trade fair exhibition booth! We will be handing out print issues of our 3 most viral magazine issues of 2022 on first come, first served basis! Stay tuned for more details in our January and February 2023 issues!
Narakum qaribana (see you soon) in Dubai!