- The proposed amendment provides extremely stringent penalties compared to the current law
- The amendment will also apply for Ayurvedic, Siddha and Unani drugs, which are covered under the law
- Deceptive advertisements will cover digital advertising, notice, circular, label, wrapper, invoice, banner and poster, among others, under the Bill.
The government is going to take strict measures against those companies who advertise their products or medicines for things like making a person fair, removing baldness etc.
The new draft is named The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) (Amendment) Bill, 2020, and enlists 78 diseases and conditions, which includes
- Improvement in the strength of the natural teeth
- Pyorrhea and sensitive teeth
In which false claims of cure, including any audio visual publicity, representation, endorsement or pronouncement made by means of light, sound, smoke, gas, print, electronic media, internet or website , including any notice, circular, label, wrapper, invoice, banner, poster or any such other document, will be considered.
In a notification, the Union Health Ministry has invited from the public and stakeholders comments and suggestions on the Drugs and Magic Remedies Act.
The notification says that in view of the concerns raised at several quarters on implementation and effectiveness of the Drugs and Magic Remedies Act, 1954, from time to time, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, proposes to amend the Act in order to keep pace with changing time and technology.
In this regard, a draft bill has been prepared, it added.Draft bill
The health ministry released the draft bill on Monday and has sought suggestions, comments or objections from the public for 45 days.
Comments and suggestions can be sent to email@example.com or by post to Under Secretary (Drugs Regulation), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Room No. 414A, D Wing, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011 within a period of 45 days, the notification read.
Comments and suggestions shall be taken into consideration for formalisation of the notification, it added.
- 10 Dental Prosthesis Care Tips You Can Give Your Patients - January 6, 2023
- 10 Post RCT Dental Care Tips You Can Tell Your Patients - January 6, 2023
- 10 tips you can tell your patients for great gums - January 6, 2023